Interested in learning about bees or want to get into beekeeping, this is a great place to start. Our beekeepers are experienced professionals with tons of knowledge and love teaching new beekeepers. They will share common mistakes that they have made or seen and will take you through all aspects to get up and running or just to become knowledgeable in the world of bees.
Take our Awesome Course!
We love to talk about bees. Sometimes things get a bit crazy …
… well, usually not this crazy. But we are going to have fun.
We cover all the basics plus some. And we will have a good time. It is always exciting and fascinating looking underneath the cover a beehive. Oh yeah, we are getting hands-on and maybe we will see some queens!
This course is jammed. Our instructors wanted to make it even longer. There are endless topics to explore in the world of bees. But don’t worry we have all the course notes plus the bees know what to do.
When the course is over – then what? We can hook you up with our equipment suppliers and we have bees. More importantly, we are here to answer any questions. Shoot us an email or come for a visit. We want to make your first year a success.
- Welcome to beekeeping and a brief history
- The honey bee basic biology and class of bees
- All things revolve around the Queen
- Setup of a hive and installation of a nucleus colony
- Hive inspection and management
- Hive products
- Issues Facing Bees; treatments
- Our mistakes in beekeeping (That time our new queen flew away!)
- Activity throughout the season
- Hands-on in the hive – inspection & tour
Course Schedule & Dates
Course times: 1pm – 4:30 pm
Sundays: April 14, April 21, April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19
Wednesdays: April 24, May 8, May 22
Spring is here. Book your spot now!
Come for a free Hive Tour!