Beekeep with us for the season.
Join our program and you will keep your bees here with us, at Willow Beach, for the season. When you are confident and ready, you will take your bees to your location and you are good to go. Program includes:
- Fully assembled double hive ready to go ( your choice of foundation)
- Strong Nucleus colony(nuc) ready for installation
- Introductory Beekeeping course
- One on one consultation throughout the season – assistance with management
- Ride along – participation in yard inspections and see the commercial side
- Treatments ( we will discuss issues and options and provide medication)
- Honey extraction ( you will get 15Kg honey) ( a stater hive may not produce this much — but we will top up as required).
A full season of activities are covered in this program. This is a pilot project with a few openings. We think this is a good plan for someone who wants to jump into beekeeping but is not sure about going it alone in year one.
** You are responsible to provide your protective gear and smoker **
Our first guarantee is that your bees are going to thrive. If something happens to your queen; we will re-queen your hive at no cost. Failure to thrive and we will diagnose and work with you to ensure your hive is super strong by winter.
Our second guarantee is you will enjoy your visits to Willow Beach, not just to inspect and watch your bees, but also enjoy a walk on our trails.
The third guarantee — after a full season of activity, you decide you are not ready or beekeeping is not for you, we will buy back your colony; no worries. Take your honey and enjoy.